King crab legs typically come from Alaskan king crabs. Their delicious taste and luxurious appearance can make your meals elevated. However, there are approximately 40 types of king crabs, but the most popular of them are red crabs, blue crabs and golden crabs.
These crabs are slightly expensive but don’t worry king crab legs wholesale price will surprise you at their best. Apart from the prices of king crab legs, the main factor you need to know is how to prepare them to elevate your meals.
In this article, we are going to discuss the popular ways of preparing delicious king crab legs.
Methods of Preparing King Crab Legs
There are many ways you can prepare and enjoy king crab legs but it depends on which type of king crab legs you have. They come in two forms .i.e., Pre-prepared and Raw Crab Legs.
Let’s have a brief description about both types
Methods of Preparing Raw Crab Legs
When it comes to raw crab legs you can prepare them by following methods:
1. Boil Raw Crab Legs
Well, raw crab legs are somehow difficult to find, but if you are lucky enough to find them make sure to boil them properly before moving forward.
- Grab a pot and fill it with water
- When water boils, place 7-8 legs in a pot depending on the size of pot and crab legs
- Boil it properly for 3-4 minutes
- Enjoy with your favorite seasonings!
2. Place Them in Ice Water
If you don’t want to consume the only boiled legs and want to cook them in different ways, you can follow the steps below:
- To store boiled crab legs, put an ice water near you when legs are boiling.
- Once they get boiled, put the boiled crab legs into ice water.
- Keep them in ice water for 4-5 minutes
- Enjoy your crab legs by incorporating them into different recipes like, spicy and peppered crab legs, crab legs with old bay seasonings and much more.
Methods of Consuming Pre-prepared Crab Legs
Now let’s move towards the pre-prepared crab legs. There are two methods for that also.
1. Steam Them
The first method is to steam the crab legs. You can steam them by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Add a steamer basket in the pot with 2 to 3 cups of water.
- Place your frozen crab legs into the basket. You can also bend them to adjust into the basket
- The next step is to turn the stove on and keep them steaming for 4-5 minutes.
- When you find your crab legs soft and tender, turn off the stove.
- Enjoy your delicious king crab legs!
2. Bake King Crab Legs
Another way to have king crab legs is to bake them. Let’s discover the steps of baking king crab legs:
- Place a big foil paper on your baking tray.
- Place 7-8 king crab legs on the foil paper. The quantity can vary according to the size of your utensils.
- After placing the crab legs on the foil paper, cover the foil paper over the crab legs.
- Place the tray in an oven on 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- After the specified time, remove the tray from the oven and remove foil from the tray.
- Your crab legs are ready to eat!
King crabs are beautiful and fascinating creatures. Also, they are very delicious and tempting. However, your methods of preparing king crab legs can also affects its delicacy.
Hope you like these methods of preparing king crab legs.