In this modern world, there is a need for advancement in all fields, which experts are doing at a fast pace. Led lights have revolutionized the lighting industry, offering energy efficiency and longer lifespan compared to traditional lighting sources. Regarding outdoor lighting, led parking lot lights and led street lights are two common options. Both these lights offer energy-saving benefits and low maintenance costs, making them a great choice for outdoor lighting projects. Another name for them is area light, which is for commercial use in public places.
What differentiates them?
A major title to them is shoebox lights. Shoebox lights are named for their rectangular shape, which resembles a shoebox. They are commonly used for parking lot and street lighting, as well as for area lighting in parks and other public spaces. Though both of them are considered to be area lights regarding a touch of their names and function, there are several differences between the two that are important to consider.
Site coverage with regard to the brightness level
- Led street lights typically emit a higher level of brightness and cover a larger area than Led parking lot lights. This is because street lights are intended to provide illumination for a wider area, including sidewalks and roadways.
- On the other hand, parking lot lights are meant to be focused on a smaller area, such as a single parking space or a group of spaces.
Power consumption rate
- Led street lights typically consume more power than led parking lot lights, as they require illumination over a larger area. It can lead to moderately higher energy costs, especially in areas with a high concentration of streetlights.
- In comparison, led parking lot lights are more energy efficient, as they are designed to illuminate a smaller area and use less power.
- Led lights, in general, have a longer lifespan compared to traditional lighting sources. However, the lifespan of led parking lot lights is typically longer than that of street lights.
- Parking lot lights are exposed to less wear and tear as they are installed at a lower height and are not subject to the same level of vibration and movement as street lights, making them last a bit more time.
Installation and setup process
The installation process for led street lights is typically more complex than that of led parking lot lights.
- Street lights are often mounted on poles that are taller than those used for parking lot lights and may require additional electrical wiring. It can make the installation process for street lights more time-consuming and expensive.
The maintenance requirements for led street lights and parking lot lights can vary.
- Street lights are typically located in more public areas and may be more susceptible to vandalism or damage, which can increase maintenance costs.
- In comparison, parking lot lights are located in more controlled areas and are subject to less wear and tear, which can reduce maintenance costs.
Led street lights and parking lot lights are both valuable outdoor lighting options, each with unique advantages and disadvantages. When choosing between the two, it’s important to consider the above mentioned factors. Ultimately, the best option will depend on the specific needs of each area and the desired outcome for the lighting project. They are not like competitors to one another but an ideal setup for their respective locations.